In today’s competitive world every organization is striving to be world-class in terms of improved quality, increased productivity, reduced costs, and increased customer satisfaction. Therefore Organizations are happy to embrace methodologies like Lean and Six Sigma and drive continuous improvement initiatives, operational excellence, lean six sigma coaching, and training.
No organization can achieve success or improvement overnight. So it is important that we understand how lean six sigma works.
- A highly motivated team with extensive knowledge of different qualitative and quantitative tools backed by a strong leadership are always willing to support improvement initiative as part of business strategy.
- The team empowers fundamental training on lean six sigma tools at all levels. Identify key people and train them on project management and advance lean six sigma tools and techniques. These people when certified are called Black Belt and take up continuous improvement projects.
- Management discovers ways to overcome different organization challenges which may delay or scrap the initiatives.
- Management focuses on approaches like DMAIC, PDCA, PDSA, TOC, A3, SPC, or DFSS for improvement initiatives.
- Management creates an environment where the human resource participates in continuous improvement initiatives like gap identification, kaizen events, A3, brainstorming.
Let’s now understand how lean six sigma works for an individual professional who is planning to improve his or her knowledge, want to have breakthrough growth in the career, improve skills such as project management, statistical problem solving, decision making, team building, stakeholder management.
- Lean six sigma improves an individual mindset wrt understanding how a business runs and the key factors like leadership, safety, standards, empowerment, collaboration, etc., which drives it successfully.
- A lean six sigma professional acquires the knowledge of how to identify constrain, process gaps, or improvement initiatives and choose a suitable approach to convert that into an improvement project and drive continuous improvement adding revenue or cost-saving or customer satisfaction.
- Since lean six sigma professional gets a hand on experience on 2 different methodologies Lean and Six Sigma. They are better equipped to not only reduce process variation and improve process control but can equally help an organization to get rid of non-value-added work, get the workplace organized, get work standardized, have sustained and continuous flow, manage the inventories, reduce effort, time and cost.
- Recent studies show that now companies are more focused on hiring individuals who are problem solvers and are experienced in driving continuous improvement projects along with their current roles. Especially during the current pandemic covid-19, organizations are aggressively looking for Lean Six Sigma professionals who can save cost, reduce process time, improve customer satisfaction, and maximize returns.